This 3 layer, comfort food Sweet Potato Casserole is a great addition to this year’s holiday table!
The smell of a home-cooked holiday meal hold some of my favorite childhood memories! Dishes of ultimate comfort food line the table as little curls of steam rise from each.
Everyone has their favorite dish that they have been craving since last year and has them coming back for seconds!
There are some dishes that everyone loves and if you have hopes of getting a second helping then you better make a double batch!
This sweet potato casserole is an ultimate holiday comfort food, make a double batch because I am definitely going back for more kind of dish!3 layers of amazingness make this Sweet Potato Casserole a sweet success!
Jazzed up sweet potatoes create the first layer, sugar and nuts spread over top is the second layer, and the best part is the golden brown marshmallows melted on top! Mouthwatering delicious! This sweet potato casserole goes great in a 2 quart or 9×13 baking dish! Entertaining a large crowd? No worries, just double the recipe!
- Sweet Potato Layer
- 2½ lb. canned yams
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg-beaten
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Brown Sugar Nut Layer
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter-softened
- ½ cup pecans-chopped
- Marshmallow Layer
- ½ bag mini marshmallows
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- In a large microwave safe bowl place drained yams. Heat for 4 minutes. Drain again if needed.
- Add to the bowl granulated sugar, milk, egg, 3 Tablespoons butter, and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread evenly in a 2 quart or 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour, butter, and pecans.
- With a fork stir until it becomes coarse crumbs.
- Spread over top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Spread marshmallows on evenly and heat until melted and golden brown!
- Grab a spoon and dig in!