A thick, creamy, minty Shamrock Shake just like McDonalad’s! Make it at home any time of day!
Every year at this time we eagerly anticipate the McDonald’s shamrock shake! We find ourselves craving them and we anticipate our next trip to get one! It’s this thick, creamy, slightly minty shake that has us going through the McDonald’s drive thru again and again!
While being snowed in we decided to create our own sweet, minty shamrock shake! After a couple of tweaks we perfected this ice cream amazingness! This shamrock shake is one milkshake worth getting brain freeze for! Now that we have created our own shamrock shake we can save a little money and we can enjoy these sweet shakes whenever we get a craving for one!
- 3 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5 drops of green food coloring
- For the whipped cream:
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a blender put the ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, and green food coloring.
- Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl whip together the heavy cream and sugar until thick whipped cream forms.
- Place shake mixture in a chilled mug, top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
For a lower fat options use low fat milk and ice cream. The shake will be a little thinner.
For an all natural option leave out the food coloring.