This Peach Monkey Bread is a sweet twist on an old classic! It’s the sugary, buttery sweet bread meets peach compote! With peach season here our family can not stop eating the big peaches that we have picked. I woke up early to surprise the rest of the family with one of our favorite special breakfast sweets! When they come to the kitchen and smell the cinnamon sugar they’ll know exactly what’s in the oven!
Peach Monkey Bread
- 3 cans-7.5 ounce refrigerated biscuits
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- Peach Compote:
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ of a lemon's zest
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Place diced peaches, 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, water, cornstarch and lemon zest in a pot on low heat. Stir together and allow to slowly simmer and thicken, stir a couple of times while it cooks.
- While the peach compote is becoming awesome, prep the monkey bread.
- In a large ziploc bag place the cinnamon and ½ cup granulated sugar
- Cut each biscuit into quarters, place in ziploc bag and shake until coated with cinnamon sugar. Place biscuit pieces around a greased bundt pan. Repeat with all the biscuit pieces.
- Place peach compote into a bowl.
- Use the same pot to add the brown sugar, butter, and 2 teaspoons water. On low heat, allow to come to a soft boil, stir and then add the peach compote. Stir together.
- Pour mixture evenly over the biscuits.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Turn bundt pan over onto a serving platter and allow to sit another 5 minutes.
- Slowly lift up the bundt pan, dig in!