This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #The7thMinion #CollectiveBias
The minions are here! They are taking over some of General Mills cereals and the 7th minion is hiding out in some of the boxes! The kids and I head to Walmart to load up on all of our favorite General Mills cereals to collect the minions and see if one of us gets lucky and finds the 7th minion!
I can remember as a kid the times when my Mom would buy a cereal with a toy inside! We used to shake, rattle, and dig into the cereal until one of the collectible items would fall out onto our laps!
Cereal treats are among our family’s favorite sweets to enjoy! 5 ingredients create these sweet 7th minion cereal treats that you can enjoy with one hand while fishing for the minion collectibles with the other one! 🙂
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 7 cups cereal of your choice-for this treat recipe I used 3 cups of Honey Nut Cheerios, 2 cups of Golden Grahams, and 2 cups of Cocoa Puffs
- ½ cup yellow chocolate candy melts
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter.
- Stir in the marshmallows, microwave for 1 minute and mix well.
- Stir in the 7 cups of cereal and stir until well coated.
- Spread evenly in a greased 8x8 dish.
- In a small microwave safe bowl put the yellow chocolate candy melts and oil.
- Microwave for 25 seconds, stir and repeat until melted.
- Take a small ziploc bag, put the chocolate in the bag, push to one corner, clip the bag and snip the corner.
- Drizzle over the chocolate over the cereal treats.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens, cut and serve! 🙂