Create your own edible Easter Baskets using chocolate and a dessert mold, add edible grass and candy!
We are getting ready for our Easter & Spring celebration! Every year we craft and create some sweet things to serve at one of our favorite parties! Our edible Easter baskets are creamy chocolate, edible Easter basket grass made from coconut, and candy eggs of all shapes and sizes! These edible Easter baskets are going to look sweet on our dessert table and even sweeter when we eat them!
We had a great time painting the chocolate in the dessert cups, coloring the coconut, and eating some sweet chocolates and jelly beans! These edible Easter baskets are great for a party, gift, kids in the kitchen creation or just for a sweet ending to your day!
- 1 dessert cup mold
- 1 lb chocolate candy melts- any kind
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- food coloring-any color
- A variety of candy eggs, jelly beans
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate, heat up for 25 seconds, stir and repeat until chocolate is fully melted.
- If you are using a plastic mold, be sure to spray the mold with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take a Tablespoon of chocolate and place it in a dessert cup.
- Take a paint or pastry brush and paint up the sides of the dessert cups. Place in fridge and allow to harden.
- While the dessert cups are in the fridge, create the edible grass.
- In a big ziploc bag place the coconut and a few drops of any color food coloring. Shake the bag until the coconut has equal color.
- To create the basket handle: cut a small strip of fruit leather. Take some melted chocolate and coat the end of the fruit leather. Attach to both sides of the basket!
- When the dessert cups have completely hardened -time will vary depending on the size, turn the mold upside down and tap until the mold releases the chocolate.
- Add some edible Easter grass and some candy eggs!
- Enjoy! 🙂
This post was originally shared Easter 2015!