This 5 ingredient Cannoli Dip will look great on any dessert table!
Nothing beats a creamy, sweet, rich with a hint of chocolate cannoli dip. Growing up in an Italian home meant lots of Italian pastries at dessert ,family gatherings and parties! A cannoli was and still is a true sweet ending!
Cannolis are usually on the more expensive side and when you have lots of people who love cannolis it can add up quickly.
This dip is surprisingly simple to make and has been given rave reviews! This creamy, rich, sweet dip will have you wanting to lick the bowl! 5 ingredients make this rich, sweet dip perfect for a crowd and great for dipping cookies, graham crackers and more!
Write a review
- 16 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- There are two secrets to the super success of making this cannoli dip rich and thick...
- The first is to put the ricotta cheese in a strainer with a bowl underneath, cover and leave in the fridge overnight and allow the moisture from the cheese to begin to be released.
- Second, when you are ready to make the dip take it out of the strainer and place the cheese in between two paper towels. Press down on cheese and allow the left over moisture to be released. Do this until the cheese is dry and starting to crumble a little. I do this about four times until I have reached the desired consistency.
- Place cheese in a bowl and mix in the sugars and vanilla.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Serve with cannoli chips, cookies, crackers.
- Enjoy 🙂
Three Kids and a Fish http://threekidsandafish.com/
This post was originally shared in 2014 and has been updated!