These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a buttery, chewy, chocolatey sweet bite!
When my hubby and I were dating I quickly found out that his favorite cookie was Oatmeal raisin. I love to bake and so one day I baked my best Oatmeal raisin cookies into the shape of the words ‘I love you’. What a great sweet gift! To this day, I still create that very same recipe only now instead of raisins I use dried cranberries or my personal favorite chocolate chips.
These buttery soft with a little crunch Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best I have ever had! They are one of the cookie recipes that people request that I make again and again. The secret to making these cookies delicious is using old fashioned oats! It creates both a great taste and texture to the cookie!
Store in an airtight container for your family to enjoy, or stack them in a mason jar or treat bag and give away.
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are amazing just by themselves or with a scoop of ice cream between two!!
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter- softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Oven to 350F
- In a large bowl mix together sugars & butter until creamy
- Add in egg and vanilla
- In a medium bowl combine oats, baking soda, salt, and flour, and stir
- Slowly add in flour mixture and milk, mix well
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon create 1 inch round balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 350F for 14-16 minutes