Making these Crisp Rice Cereal Treats with Jelly Beans in the shape of an Easter Egg is a great kid in the kitchen activity!
We are covered in sticky, gooey crisp rice treats as we are putting them in Easter Eggs to create an egg shaped crisp rice treat! To go the extra mile we stirred in some jelly beans to make these treats even sweeter!
The counter is covered in crisp rice cereal, little hands sneak marshmallows, and everyone is taking the black jelly beans out of the mix. We are stuffing Easter eggs and giving them a shake to create these crisp rice cereal treats!
We can’t stop laughing at the crazy mess we are making and the fun we are having! We plan to give these tasty treats away to our friends at our annual Easter Egg hunt!
After we clean up and the cereal treats are ready we place them in treat bags and tie them with ribbon. They are placed in a basket and ready to give away!
- 7 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 - 10.5 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups jelly beans
- plastic Easter Eggs
- In a microwave safe bowl melt butter
- Add in bag of marshmallows, stir, place back in microwave for one minute
- Stir in cereal and jelly beans
- Spray the inside of the plastic eggs and your hands with the non-stick cooking spray
- Use a Tablespoon and scoop up some gooey crisp rice and place in plastic egg, close egg, give a shake and pop egg open!
- Place crisp rice treats on a cookie sheet and place in fridge until hardened!
We take a taste test of the final jelly bean crisp rice Easter egg treats! The classic taste of a cereal treat meets chewy, jelly beans to create one delicious snack! Our friends of all ages are going to love them! They came together easily and were tons of fun to make!
We pick the black jelly beans out! I pick them out because they are my favorite. 🙂 No one else likes them so I get them all to myself. Yay! We love the fruit flavor of this sweet candy!
What is your favorite colored jelly bean?