This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoldfishGameTime #CollectiveBias
The sun is shining, the weather is warming up and we have a free Saturday! All three of these things have not happened in a very long time! We are taking advantage of the day and creating a DIY Basket Toss with Goldfish® crackers and we are heading to our local Walmart for all of the supplies!
We are always looking to take time to make memories and creating simple, fun games is a great way to spend some quality time together. Our kids enjoying making games that they can play inside or outside and with our family and friends.
This DIY Basket Toss is a low-cost game to create and we add a fun twist by using Goldfish® crackers! We purchased some wood for our base, baskets, and Goldfish® crackers! The tape, glue, scissors and paint we already have at home! Take a look below at how we created and enjoyed this fun-filled DIY Basket Toss game!
Goldfish® crackers have been a long-time favorite family snack! These crunchy, salty flavorful Goldfish® crackers are the perfect solution for my kids snacking! Making it a win-win for parents and kids who enjoy great snacks!
As a family, it’s easy to enjoy Goldfish® crackers because we know that the brand purpose is to spark joy, one smile at a time!
First, let’s gather the supplies needed to get the base built. We glued together the pieces of wood using extra strength craft glue. We then picked a bright colored paint to add a nice finish to the wood.
The kids printed and cut the numbers out and using a glue stick, glued them to the bottom of the baskets.
The paint is dry and using duct tape we tape the back of the basket to the finished board. The reason we chose to tape it and not glue it is because we thought up different ways to play the game and figured we could change it up at any time.
- Extra Strength Craft Glue
- Craft Paint
- 3 Baskets
- Printed Numbers-Ten, Fifteen, & Twenty
- Duct Tape
- Goldfish® crackers
- Glue together the pieces of wood using extra strength craft glue. We then picked a bright colored paint to add a nice finish to the wood.
- Use craft paint to add a nice finish to the wood and allow to fully dry.
- Print your own copy of the numbers, cut and paste to the bottom of the baskets.
- Tape the back of the baskets to the finished board.
- Grab a bowl of Goldfish® crackers and Let’s Play!
3 Ways To Play Basket Toss:
- Lay the basket toss board on a table. Give each player a handful of Goldfish® crackers. Have players stand back from the board and toss in all of their Goldfish® crackers and see how many they get in each basket. The player with the most Goldfish® crackers or most points in a basket wins!
- Prop the basket toss board against a wall or tree and have players stand back from the board and toss in all of their Goldfish® crackers and see how many they get in each basket. The player with the most Goldfish® crackers or most points in a basket wins!
- Have 3 players each hold a basket and have another player see how many Goldfish® crackers they can get in the basket.
Helpful Hint: You can use different flavor Goldfish® crackers and allow each player their own kind or color!
“The Snack That Smiles Back®”
This great DIY Basket Toss game was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon crafting something fun, and making great memories together as a family! Determined to win a round, our blonde sweet girl tosses one last time for the win! In this round, she had nine Goldfish® crackers in the 20 points basket! Lots of laughing and fun was had playing this basket toss game!
We purchased everything to make the DIY Basket Toss and our Goldfish® crackers at our local Walmart! We love that Walmart is a one stop shop!
Get more ideas for meals, snacks, games and family fun when you click here.
For more ways to be inspired follow the Goldfish® crackers gang on social media: