A classic Muddy Buddy Mix stirred with love and mixed with candy hearts and chocolate!
Love is in the air, and lots of heart shaped candy is in the stores! Chocolates, red hots, conversation hearts, gummies and all kinds of heart- shaped candy has taken over the center aisle of almost every store!
We craft, create, bake, and stir together all sorts of wonderful things for the holiday of love! This year we have decided to raise the bar by making this Valentine’s Muddy Buddy Mix for our friends and family!
A classic muddy buddy recipe with heart shaped candy mixed in makes a great munchie for a party or a little gift to give away in a nice treat bag!
Any way you have it this Muddy Buddy Mix comes together in no time and makes enough to serve a crowd!
Cupid’s arrow has gone straight to this snack mix that you’ll be sure to fall in love with after just one taste!
- 12-ounce box Rice Chex
- 3 cups white chocolate chips-divided
- 1½ teaspoon oil-divided
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup red & pink M&Ms
- ¾ cup conversation hearts
- ¾ juju hearts-cinnamon or cherry
- red food coloring
- Put Rice Chex in a large bowl.
- Place 2 cups white cholate chips in a pot, place on medium low heat
- Stir in ¾ teaspoon oil. Stir continuously until chocolate has melted.
- Mix melted chocolate into the Rice Chex. Evenly coat.
- Lightly stir in confectioner's sugar.
- Stir in candies.
- Spread out on a greased/parchment covered cookie sheet.
- In the same small pot place remaining 1 cup white chocolate chips and ¾ teaspoon oil. Stir continuously until melted. Remove from stove. Stir in red food coloring until you have reached the desired color pink.
- Drizzle over Muddy Buddies.
- Place in fridge until pink chocolate has hardened.
This snack mix is a great kids in the kitchen activity! They can pour, stir, sneak some candy in between stirring, and drizzle the pink chocolate! The easiest way to drizzle chocolate is to place the melted chocolate in a ziploc bag, push the chocolate to one corner, pinch the bag with a chip clip, snip the corner, and drizzle away!