I am kicking off a new series called 30 minute dinners! With the frenzy of getting my kids to after school activities, doing homework, hanging out with friends, and volunteering cooking dinner can sometimes be a challenge!
Often I rely on my trusty crockpot, pre-setting the oven, or freezer meals! Sometimes, it’s nice just to have a fresh meal that is quick and easy to make! Join me as I go on a mission to find easy to make dinners that take about 30 minutes to make and are good for the whole family!
I love getting the Country Living magazine each month! For 2 years now my neighbor reads her copy and then sends it my way for me to see the latest trends in country decor, the highlighted home, and most of all the fabulous recipes!
This creamy chicken and broccoli pesto is inspired and slightly tweaked from one of their featured recipes! It’s a bright, colorful good for you pasta dish that has perfect pasta, shredded chicken, broccoli pesto, and just a touch of creaminess!
This creamy chicken broccoli pesto is a great way to get my kids to eat their greens, and as they gobbled it down they had no idea they were eating broccoli! Oh yeah, I am doing the happy dance! It’s the little things in life! 🙂
- 2½ cups broccoli florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 small bunch of basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2½ teaspoons lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese-grated
- 4 ounces of cream cheese-softened
- 3 cups chicken-cooked and shredded
- Cook chicken until done, shred with a fork, set aside.
- Steam broccoli, and cook pasta until al dente. Set aside.
- In a food processor (I use a Ninja) add the garlic, oil, basil, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan cheese. Pulse until chopped. Add in the broccoli and pulse into a fine pesto. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the broccoli pesto, cream cheese, and shredded chicken into the pasta until well coated!
- Enjoy! 🙂