This Chocolate Pumpkin Coffee Cake is the color of fall , a jazzed up pumpkin cake mix, with chocolate graham cracker crumbs and drizzled with warm caramel!
Many years ago our neighborhood would plan parties, get togethers, nights out, and parades for the families in the neighborhood. That was way before our time and before life seemingly became to busy to stop and spend time with your neighbors.
My friend is on a mission to bring back that community feel to our neighborhood! On Halloween all the families will gather at the top of our hill and with the kids all decked out in costume we will have our own little parade. When the kids get to the bottom of the hill there will be a trunk or treat waiting for them!
The kids get tons of candy so I thought I would create a little something for the parents to enjoy with a cup of coffee! I shared the recipe recently for my Pumpkin Coffee Cake and this Chocolate Pumpkin Coffee Cake is a twist on the original recipe!
Moist pumpkin cake mix with added pumpkin, sweet chocolate crumbles, and warm drizzled caramel makes this fall colored sweet treat a perfect bite! Using a 9×13 baking dish this coffee cake is enough to feed a crowd and is made in no time at all!
This Chocolate Pumpkin Coffee Cake is the just right cozy up, stay in your jammies, hug a mug kind of cake! It can also be put a lid on, walk in over warm, and share with your neighbor kinda coffee cake. Either way it’s amazing!
- 1-15.25 Pillsbury Pumpkin Cake Mix
- Ingredients to make the cake
- 1-15 ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1½ packages chocolate graham crackers
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup butter-melted
- ¼ cup caramel bits
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Mix together cake mix, ingredients to make the cake, and canned pumpkin until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Get ready for a hand work out! Keeping the graham crackers in the package, place over a smaller bowl and crush away until you have made coarse crumbs. Place crumbs in bowl.
- Stir in the granulated sugar and melted butter.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour 2½ cups batter, spread evenly 1¼ cup crumbs over top. Repeat.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the caramel bits and milk, stir until smooth. Place in a ziploc bag, seal. Push all the caramel to one corner, snip the corner and drizzle over cake!
- Enjoy! 🙂