Homemade chex mix with red, white and blue candy in honor of the 3 patriotic summer holidays! Take a handful and enjoy!
The red, white and blue holidays are among our favorite ones! We love that there are long summer days, bbqs, fireworks, parades, and fun activities that all play a part in these great holidays! Last year was especially great because we had the perfect front row seats right in our back yard for the colorful town fireworks!
Over the years we have created some yummy sweet treats and good eats for the barbecues we host and go to!
We are having friends over for the next red, white and blue holiday and we decided to jazz up our regular menu and add this sweet and salty, candylious red, white, and blue chex mix!
Sweet and salty homemade chex, mini kit kats, blue swedish fish, and twizzler bites make this snack mix the perfect munchie to serve as we get the grill going!
Just like the kids you can grab a handful of this red, white, and blue chex mix in one hand while you catch fire flies around the yard with the other hand! Or maybe you can just double fist the chex mix! 🙂 Either way, enjoy!
Red, White, & Blue Chex Mix
- 9 cups rice chex
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ¼ light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1-8 ounce bag white Kit Kat minis
- 2 cups Twizzlers cherry bites
- 2 cups any type of blue candy-swedish fish, sour patch kids, M&Ms
- Preheat the oven 275F
- In a small pot melt the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, honey and salt.
- Bring to a soft boil for a few minutes, remove and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl place 9 cups rice chex.
- Stir in the butter mixture, stir gently until well coated.
- Spread Evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 60 minutes.
- Stir every 15 minutes so that it bakes evenly!
- Cool completely.
- Stir in the candies, and enjoy! 🙂