This Easy Smores Pie is graham cracker crust, chocolate mousse, and a marshmallow buttercream frosting!
The fire flies are blinking, chairs are huddled, the fire is crackling, the stars are shining, and mouths are munching. I love summertime surrounded by s firepit and making smores. Nothing beats the sweet, sticky, crunchy, chocolaty smores. I dream about the summer nights where we circle around the fire pit and roast marshmallows for smores. I could eat a smores every night of the summer!
With invitations to barbecues beginning to come our way, we look for creative and fun dishes and desserts to bring.
With the inspiration of smores and easy making I created this Smores Pie.
It’s a pre-made, buttery graham cracker crust, a homemade velvety chocolate mousse that is topped with a fluffy, creamy marshmallow buttercream frosting.
Whoa mama, this dessert is rich and decadent and tastes just like you are eating a smores.
It doesn’t get much better than this!
The dessert comes together nicely. Creating the chocolate mousse takes a little work, and for this Smores Pie it is well worth it!!
The chocolate mousse is five ingredients that are stirred together on the stove top. This mousse comes together quickly and becomes thick and creamy which makes the perfect chocolate layer for the Smores Pie.
Just like the sticky, gooey experience of eating a smores this pie comes in at a close second.
- 1 premade graham cracker crust
- Chocolate Mousse:
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate- melted
- Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting:
- ½ cup butter- softened
- 1- 8 ounce jar Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- In a medium saucepan whisk together egg yolks 2 Tablespoons sugar, and ¾ cup of heavy cream. Cook over low heat and stir often until the mixture coats the spoon.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl interval, stirring each time.
- Remove from heat and stir in melted chocolate until mixture looks glossy. Place in fridge until mixture is cool.
- Using a mixer beat 1¼ cups heavy cream and 3 Tablespoons sugar until it becomes thickened whipped cream. Gently fold whipped cream into chocolate.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust and place in fridge for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and confectioner's sugar until well mixed.
- Mix in fluff and stir by hand until well incorporated.
- Spread evenly on the chocolate.
- Garnish with crushed graham crackers, chocolate shavings & marshmallows (optional)
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving!
This Smores Pie is the perfect make-ahead dessert for a dinner, get together, or bbq. Add a scoop of ice cream on top and sprinkle with hot fudge for an over the top smores experience.