This Creamy Italian Tortellini Salad will be a hit at your next BBQ!
We recently were invited to our first bbq. I love this time of year where the weather is warmer, the deck furniture is wiped down and set up, and the smell of the grill working its magic is in the air.
I always bring the same side salads and desserts every bbq that we go to and those that we host. You know those go to dishes that you can whip up with your eyes closed.
I am feeling inspired for something fresh and new, and after checking out what I had in my fridge and pantry I came up with this Creamy Italian Tortellini Salad.
It’s fresh grilled vegetables with tri-colored tortellini, that is mixed together with a creamy pesto sauce. Yum!
This Creamy Italian Tortellini Salad was a huge hit and is definitely being added to my go-to list of best bbq dishes.
This pasta dish can be jazzed up in so many ways using different pastas, vegetables, and fresh herbs. Skys the limit for this cold creamy salad.
I love the full flavor of grilled veggies! I brush a little oil over and add some fresh ground pepper and sea salt to draw out the natural, great flavors! These veggies shout summertime dish!
9 ouncepackage refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini cooked al dente
- 1 medium zucchini- sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup grape tomatoes- sliced in half
- 1 yellow pepper- cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup prepared basil pesto
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- scallions as garnish- optional
- Preheat your grill to medium heat
- Cook tortellini until al dente-about 2 minutes, place in serving bowl
- Cut vegetables in half and brush with oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over veggies
- Place sliced tomatoes on a piece of
tinfoil, folding up the edges
- Place all veggies on grill and cook, turning half way through
- While veggies are grilling, let's mix the dressing!
- In a small bowl mix together the pesto, mayo, and garlic
- Take veggies off the grill and cut the zucchini and pepper into bite sized pieces.
- Serve warm or place in fridge until ready to enjoy!
This post was originally shared over at Cooking With Ruthie where I am a contributor!