6 ingredients rolled together to make one protein packed no bake energy bite!
Winter is in full swing here and with all the comfort food dishes being served our New Years Resolutions are seeming like a thing of the past.
My marathon hubby is training for his first ever ultra marathon and so we have had to keep our eating and portion control on a tight leash! It’s so hard to do this time of year, but we are living with the end in mind!
Small meals throughout the day help keep things in balance! We look to create healthy, tasty, high protein snacks to keep us fueled all day long!
We head to the kitchen to stir up a little of this, and a lot of that until we have created the perfect bite!
6 ingredients make about 12 of these No Bake Energy Bites that store great in an air tight container in the fridge! My hubby takes a couple as either an afternoon pick me up, or a sweet ending to the day!
- 1 banana
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
cupold fashioned oats
- ¼ cup toasted flax seed
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Peel the banana and mash in a Mixing Bowl.
- Stir in rest of the ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll batter into 1-inch balls -about a Tablespoon worth
- Place energy bites on a greased or parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
This post was originally shared on Cooking With Ruthie where I am a contributor!