5 ingredients create this sweet minty Homemade Peppermint Patty!
My hubby’s second favorite candy are peppermint patties and for Valentine’s Day I gave him an extra stash! We try to keep a bag in the freezer at all times because it is the perfect little sweet go to when you need a little pick me up!
Last week I forgot to buy them and every time the freezer door opened it would shut with the sound of a sad sigh! I was not going to go back out to the store so I had to come up with a plan B! Lightbulb. I should make my own!
5 ingredients are all it takes to create these sweet, chocolatey bursts of mint goodness! The best part is that it is not hard to do! I searched in the pantry and fridge for what I needed and was so excited that I had everything on hand!
If you have little cookie cutters you can create these peppermint patties into different shapes! St. Patrick’s Day is coming up and I decided to create little shamrocks!
- 2 Tablespoons butter-softened
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2¼ cups confectioner's sugar
12 ouncebag dark chocolate melts
- In a bowl combine butter, peppermint extract, and heavy cream
- Stir until smooth
- Slowly add in the confectioner's sugar
- Stir until all together it forms a thick, smooth and dough
- Roll dough into a ball and then form into a log shape
- Wrap peppermint log in saran wrap and place in
fridgefor 20 minutes.
- Cut log into 1-inch peppermint slices
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl stirring after every 25
seconduntil completely melted.
- Using a spoon or dipper, dip patties into chocolate until covered and place on greased cookie sheet
- Place in fridge until chocolate has hardened