We entertain a lot this time of year and I am always creating munchies to serve as family and friends mingle and wait for the main meal to be served. Through the years, we have perfected the sweet and salty snack mixes that are enjoyed by both the kids and the adults!
Serve in a big bowl, add to a treat bag and tie a bow, or double fist this Salted Caramel Snack Mix. Any way you decide to enjoy it this snack comes together in no time and is worth serving at your next get together.
The candy waffle sandwiches can be a snack all their own and they pair perfectly with the other caramel and chocolate components of the snack mix.
We kept the leftovers in an airtight container and one afternoon after school I saw my kids sneaking some. They were going for their favorite parts of the snack mix. Waffle pretzel sandwiches and sugar babies!
- 80 waffles pretzels
- 1 bag-7 ounce-Milky Way unwrapped bites
- 2 cups Chocolate Chex
- 1 bag-3.52 ounce caramel rice cakes
- 1 bag-.52 ounce chocolate rice cakes
- 1 cup Sugar Babies
- In a large bowl combine chocolate chex, rice cakes, and sugar babies.
- Directions for creating pretzel sandwiches:
- Preheat Oven to 250F
- On a cookie sheet place 40 pretzels, on top place Milky Way bites.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes. Remove and add a pretzel on top, press down gently.
- Add these pretzel sandwiches to a large bowl with all other ingredients.
- Enjoy! 🙂
This post was originally shared over at Cooking With Ruthie where I am a contributor!