These decadent, fudgy homemade Cocoa Brownies are great warm and topped with a scoop of ice cream!
There is nothing quite like sinking your team into a decadent, fudgy brownie that is warm! Even better yet a warm Cocoa Brownie topped with a scoop of ice cream and drizzled in hot fudge, and topped with whipped cream!
These mouth-watering amazing, homemade brownies are worth the melting chocolate with constant stirring! These Cocoa Brownies are created by a buttery, velvety, rich chocolate batter.
We take these brownies to a whole new level by adding a chocolate peanut heart in the middle as a delicious dessert to serve for Valentine’s Day!
For the center of these fudgy cocoa brownies we chose to add a chocolate peanut butter heart. Nothing goes better than chocolate and peanut butter!
- 2½ sticks of butter
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- 1¾ cups unsweetened cocoa
- 2 squares-1 ounce each-semi-sweet baking chocolate squares
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 chocolate hearts
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper or tinfoil and grease
- In a medium pot on the stove melt butter and sugar, add in the cocoa, baking chocolate squares, and salt. Stir continuously. It's ok if it appears a bit gritty.
- Slightly cool.
- Stir in vanilla
- Stir in the eggs one at a time and stir well until chocolate becomes thick and shiny.
- Add the flour and mix well, almost there mix some more until smooth and thick.
- Spread batter on greased parchment paper/tinfoil.
- Bake at 325F for 35-40 minutes.
- Yeilds about 16 brownie squares
To create the heart center: take a small heart cookie cutter and make an indentation. Using a knife gently lift the top layer of the heart shape. Press down a chocolate heart.
Don't have a small heart cookie cutter? No worries press a chocolate heart down gently in the center-be careful of cracking. If the brownie does begin to crack a bit gently push this fudgy goodness back together again!
To create a large heart brownie-simply use a large heart cookie cutter to create a heart shape. This recipe yields about 8 large hearts.