This Peppermint Muddy Buddies Recipe is a sweet, minty, crunchy snack mix worth double fisting at your next holiday party!
We entertain a lot all year round but even more during the holidays! Lots of hungry people come over and we make meals together, enjoy coffee together, and eat lots of snacks together!
Snack mixes are a great thing to serve as appetizers or desserts because they come together quickly and the recipes make a lot!
This muddy buddy recipe is great for entertaining guests and can be made in a pinch! I happen to have all the ingredients on hand when I found out we were having people for dinner! I quick put this together for everyone to munch on while my friend and I cooked! It is the perfect snack mix for before and after dinner!
It is also a great snack mix for gift giving, school lunch making, or an afternoon snack! The sweet, chocolate crunch of the cereal, the squishy, minty marshmallows, and the delicious M&Ms makes this Peppermint Muddy Buddies Recipe worth making all season long!
5 main ingredients make this Peppermint Muddy Buddies Recipe a sweet, minty success!
- 1-12 ounce box Rice Chex
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 bag candy cane marshmallows
- 1 bag candy cane M&Ms
- In a small saucepan melt the white chocolate chips and oil. Remove from stove top and stir in peppermint extract.
- In a large bowl pour Rice Chex and evenly coat chex with melted white chocolate.
- Toss in marshmallows and M&Ms.
- Evenly coat mix with powdered sugar.
- White Chocolate Chips can be a little difficult to work with, stir constantly and add a little extra oil if need be to keep the consistency smooth.
- Store snack mix in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks!