These peppermint blondies are a little twist on a classic sweet recipe with a rich cookie base, chocolate chips, and minty cream cheese frosting!
During the month of December, my home smells like sugar and spice and everything nice! The amount of homemade cookies that are created and eaten is insane! Each holiday season we bake family favorites and whip up some new cookie recipes as well!
Our cookies come in all shapes and sizes from round, holidays shapes, and bars! This year we are taking a classic peppermint blondie recipe and giving it a little twist. I bet you’ll be able to tell right away what we changed!
This is a classic blondie recipe with a rich, creamy cookie base and swirled in are NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE chocolate chips! We are spreading this peppermint blondie with the most tasty, creamy cream cheese frosting and making them just a little extra minty with crushed candy canes sprinkled across the top!
- 6 Tablespoons butter-softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract-divided
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 ouncecream cheese-softened
- ½ confectioner's sugar
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat 325F
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla extract, and ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly blend the flour mixture and sugar mixture together.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in greased baking pan.
- Bake at 325F for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Cool completely.
- In a small bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Spread frosting evenly on blondies, sprinkle on crushed candy canes.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving!
We buy all different flavor NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE products to create our most, sweet holiday cookies! Here is a coupon for you to use towards your next NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE purchase! Every little bit of savings counts when it comes to holiday baking!
We are making these peppermint blondies to share with our friends and family! What a sweet way to make someone’s day merry and bright this holiday season! If you need to save some for later these peppermint blondies can be put in the freezer!