Candy Bar Cookie Dunkers are a sweet treat made into the perfect shape to dunk!
Raise the volume on the music, break out the noisemakers, and bring on the munchies! We are celebrating another great year ending and a new one beginning. Since having our kids our New Year’s Eve plans have drastically changed, and watching the ball drop has become a thing of the past. My parents host a party each year and they stay up later than my hubby and I. 🙂
For the past several years we have invited our friends over and we celebrate with our kids! We have an amazing time together laughing, eating, and spending time with one another. Everyone runs out of steam by nine!
Through the years, we have created fun eats and treats for the kids to be able to join in the celebration! This year we are doing candy bar cookie dunkers and a chocolate milk toast! These cookies are my favorite cookie dough recipe that is a chewy, candy-filled, and made into the perfect shape for dunking cookie!
These cookies can be made and served fresh, or made ahead and frozen! These candy bar cookies are made complete when served with a chocolate rimmed glass of chocolate milk!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter-softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 20 snack size candy bars-any type
- ½ cup chocolate melts for drizzle-optional
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Blend together sugars and butter until creamy.
- Slowly add in egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut candy bars into bite-sized pieces and using a spatula mix into cookie dough.
- Roll dough into a ball, then divide into two.
- Create two log shapes, and cut slices to your desired thickness.
- Place slices on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes.
- After the cookies have cooled, melt the chocolate melts and drizzle chocolate over cookie with a spoon.
- Cook's Note:
- The cookie dunker may loose its shape during baking, no worries, when you remove cookies from the oven use a spatula and press edges to the middle until the cookie dunkers are back to the right shape!
- Make sure to do the butter test to help minimize spreading! What's the butter test? Press your finger into the butter, if it leaves a print but is still semi-firm then it is perfectly softened.
These creative cups come together easily! All you need is plastic wine glasses, melted chocolate, and sugar in the raw. Dip the glass in the chocolate and sprinkle on the sugar. Allow to dry before adding the milk.
It’s time to raise your glass of chocolate milk and toast to a great new year ahead! Now dunk that candy bar cookie dunker and let it swim in the chocolate goodness before taking a bite! And no worries no one will judge you if you are caught licking the chocolate off the glass! 🙂