This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
This hearty Minestrone soup and Cheesy Garlic Tomato Bread are the perfect pair for dinner!
The weather has turned brisk, and we are having more snuggle by the fire days!
One of my favorite childhood memories is coming home from school to a warm toasty home and seeing my Grandma stirring a big pot of soup by the stove.
The kitchen had the savory smells of home cooking that just made you want to pull up a chair and wait for the first steaming bowl of soup to be served.
Minestrone Soup reminds me of those days and while the vegetables are sauteing I take a trip down memory lane! The Minestrone Soup and Cheesy Garlic Tomato Bread are made in just 30 minutes and that puts dinner on the table in the right amount of time!
The secret behind this great tasting soup is not only found in the tomatoes but in the Parmesan cheese rind! I found everything I need for this dinner at Walmart! I stock up on enough ingredients to make 2 big pots of this delicious Minestrone Soup!
Having the golden toasted Cheesy Garlic Tomato Bread to enjoy alongside the soup rounds this meal out perfectly!The key to making the Minestrone soup robust with great flavor is the Hunt’s and Ro*tel tomatoes! So many great fresh ingredients go into this soup and make it not only tasty but good for you too! A win-win meal for this family!
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 pepper-diced
- 1-28 ounce can Hunt's diced tomatoes
- 1-10 ounce can Ro*tel Mild
- 48 ounces of vegetable broth
- 2 cups tri-colored rotini pasta, cooked al dente
- 1½ cups cannellini beans
- 1½ cups large kidney beans
- 1 cup of cut green beans
- 1 cup chopped spinach or kale
- 1 Parmesan rind
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 Tablespoons of Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parmesan cheese to put on top of soup
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1-14.5 ounce can Hunt's Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 8-ounce bag mozzarella cheese-shredded
- In soup pot heat oil and saute garlic
- Add in carrots,celery,and onion and saute
- Stir in the tomatoes
- Add the broth, Parmesan rind, and beans.
- Allow to simmer for 15 min.
- Stir in the spinach/kale and pasta.
- Allow to simmer 10 more min.
- Slice bread in half.
- Evenly spread on garlic, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake under broiler until cheese has melted and becomes golden.