These Halloween Crisp Rice Cereal Treat Pops are jazzed up in sweet, colorful chocolate and are a great sweet treat for a class party, or Halloween get together!
We are getting ready to have Halloween parties in our kids classrooms! As room parents we organize the food, games, and craft! Halloween tosses in some extra fun with us helping the kids get into their costumes for the annual school parade.
I was looking to create a fun, festive sweet treat for each class this year and the idea for these Halloween crisp rice cereal treat pops came to mind! These sweet treats are classic crisp rice cereal treats drizzled and spread in chocolate and decorated as fun Halloween characters.
These Halloween crisp rice cereal treat pops will be a super success with three options to choose from! Get creative with the monsters, go crazy with making the mummys, and jazz up the frankensteins with a vibrant color green!
I love using chocolate candy melts that are great quality! It makes the creating part much easier! Chocoley offers amazing, high quality chocolates that melt to perfection! I also have gotten my other things like candy molds, and drizzle bottles from them as well!
The googley eyes are fun to eat and bring these Halloween crisp rice cereal treat pops to life! Adding in the paper straw adds another fun element to this sweet treat!
When my kids came home from school the other day they were so excited to see these sweet treats!! They said that they were going to be the best Halloween class treat ever! Mission accomplished!
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-10 ounce bag large marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter-melted
- 2 cups white chocolate candy melts
- 1 cup milk chocolate candy melts
- 5 teaspoons oil
- orange food color(red or yellow), and green food color
- Candies: orange sugar crystals, 24 googley eyes, m&ms, mini marshmallows
- 12 paper straws
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish
- In a microwave safe bowl microwave butter
- Stir in the marshmallows and microwave 1 minute
- Stir in the cereal
- Spread evenly in the baking dish, place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cut into 12 even squares. Place a straw in the bottom of each treat.
- In a mircowave safe bowl melt ½ cup white chocolate and 1 teaspoon oil. Place melted chocolate in a ziploc bag, snip a corner, and drizzle like crazy on four crisp rice cereal treats. Add googley eyes. And now you have a mummy!
- In a microwave safe bowl melt ½ cup white chocolate and 1 teaspoon oil. Add in 3 drops of orange color. Using a spoon spread some chocolate on 4 rice cereal treats. Add googley eyes, sprinkles, have fun creating these cute monsters!
- In a microwave safe bowl melt ½ cup white chocolate and 1 teaspoon oil. Add in 3 drops of green color. Using a spoon spread some chocolate on 4 rice cereal treats. Add googley eyes, mini marshmallows, and add frankenstein's hair and mouth with the melted milk chocolate.