Fresh, plump, tart cranberries with sweet, tangy oranges come together in this moist, dense cranberry orange bread!
I make big loaves, mini loaves, and muffins any kind of baking pan to fill with this tart, citrusy, nutty goodness!
I cut down on the sugar because my family likes the tartness of the cranberry to shine..if you like it on the sweeter side bump the sugar up to 3/4 cup! So soak in your antioxidants and vitamin C and give this recipe a go!
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cold butter, cut into small chunks
- ¾ cup orange juice
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups fresh cranberries-cut in half
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grab a loaf pan,cake pan, muffin pan and lightly grease it!
- Combine flour,sugar,baking powder,salt,and baking soda into a bowl,mix well.
- Stir butter into flour mixture until combined. I use a pastry blender to allow it to mix well,but you can use a wood spoon or your hands to blend together. It's ok if there are little chunks of butter throughout.
- Add in orange juice,zest,and egg, mix well.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- min. for a large loaf pan,30 min. for a mini loaf pan, and 12-15 min. for a muffin pan.
- Cool in the pan for about 10 min. before removing to cool completely. Enjoy 🙂