These pumpkin cupcakes are a sweet treat with a surprise inside that bring the storybook character Chumpkin to life!
These Chumpkin the Pumpkin Cupcakes were shared over at the Halloween Extravaganza hosted by the amazing Christine from I Dig Pinterest!
Every year my kids school brings in an author for them to spend time with. The author reads one of their books and does a question and answer time for the students. The authors also do a book signing at the very end.
Last year’s author shared one of her books about a pumpkin named Chumpkin. As the story goes Chumpkin is growing in a patch that is visited by kids who are on a school field trip.
Chumpkin is so worried that he will not be chosen because he is big and he thinks that he is not good enough. Sure enough, he is passed by and never chosen by the kids who come. Why?
Because he was specially tagged as a surprise for the farmer’s son who was so excited to be given this pumpkin! The farmer’s son like him just the way he was created! These Chumpkin the pumpkin cupcakes were created after this lovable storybook character!
Chumpkin displayed several faces of emotions during the book and we created the cupcakes to match those faces!
These Chumpkin the pumpkin cupcakes are moist yellow cake with a sweet surprise Oreo truffle in the center, and topped with orange frosting, and yummy candies!!
- 15.25 ounce box of yellow cake mix + ingredients to make the cupcakes
- 24 cupcake liners
- 1-10.7 ounce special edition pumpkin spice oreo cookies
- 4 ounce cream cheese-softened
- 1 tub of candy corn frosting-sprinkles included on top
- 48 googley eyes
- 12 green sour punch straws-cut into 24 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line cupcake tin with liners
- Stir together the cake mix and the ingredients to make the cake.
- Set aside.
- Finely chop the Oreos. I used my ninja to get the job done.
- Stir in the cream cheese.
- Take a teaspoon of oreo mix and roll into a ball. Makes 24 truffles.
- Place a Tablespoon of cake mix on the bottom of each liner.
- Place a truffle on top.
- Add another Tablespoon of batter on top of each truffle.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes until golden on top.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Decorate with the sprinkles, googley eyes, and sour punch straws!*
- Enjoy! 🙂