This pumpkin coffee cake is moist cake with pumpkin and sweet sugary crumbles is the perfect fall cake!
Fall is in the air and pumpkins are everywhere! The rhyming was not intentional 🙂 they really seem to be everywhere! My hubby loves all things pumpkin and the requests for pumpkin flavored things are starting to roll my way!
While we were vacation we stayed a friend’s house and one morning for breakfast she served this amazing coffee cake. I watched her make it and I was amazed how easy it was to create. I loved how moist the cake turned out and how sweet the crumb top was!
I decided to come home and give the coffeecake a try! Because my family is in pumpkin mode I jazzed the cake up a bit by adding in a can of pumpkin! Oh my, it’s all things fall in one bite!
You’ll never believe what makes the crumble top so good! Read on to see what goes into this easy pumpkin coffeecake!
- 1-15.25 box butter cake mix
- Ingredients to make the cake
- 1-15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1½ packages of honey graham crackers-makes about 2 cups
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup pecans-chopped (optional)
- ⅔ cup butter-melted (1/3 cup if omitting the pecans)
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese-softened
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish
- In a large bowl mix together the cake and the ingredients to make the cake.
- Stir in the can of pumpkin, set aside.
- This is the cool part- leave the graham crackers in the package and crush them into coarse crumbs using your hands. You may want to do this over the bowl just in case some crumbs try to escape! Open the packages and dump the crumbs into the bowl.
- Add the brown sugar, butter, pecans, & pumpkin pie spice , mix until it becomes coarse crumbs.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the 9x13 dish-about 2½ cups batter
- Spread half of the crumb mixture evenly over top-about 1¼ cups crumbs
- Repeat with the other half of cake batter and crumbs.
- Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine confectioners sugar, milk, and cream cheese. Drizzle over cake after it has cooled for 5 minutes!
- Enjoy 🙂