Apples, pumpkins, changing leaves, and cozy clothes time is here and summer is already seeming like a distant memory!
This monkey bread has our lips smacking, licking our plates and going back for seconds!
What to know the secret ingredient that brings extra sweetness and gooey goodness to this apple monkey bread?
It’s the butterscotch pudding that is sprinkled on top! It gives the monkey bread this caramelly, sugary sweetness and it doesn’t taste like butterscotch at all and it’s sprinkled on dry!
- 1 frozen bread dough-thawed
- 1 large apple-diced small
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon-divided
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½-3.4 ounce box instant butterscotch pudding
- 1 stick of butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Grease bundt pan
- In a saucepan place diced apple, cornstarch, sugar, water, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and lemon juice. Stir.
- Simmer until it has become tender and has thickened.
- Spread apple mixture evenly in the bundt pan. Allow to slightly cool.
- Slice the thawed bread dough into 10 slices and place on top of apple mixture.
- Pour the ½ box butterscotch pudding over top the bread slices.
- Cover and allow to rise for at least 2 hours or until bread has doubled in size.
- In a small saucepan combine the butter, sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Simmer on stove until just boiling.
- Remove from stove and pour evenly over bread slices.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.