This peanut butter chocolate trifle is thick layers of peanut butter, chocolate chunks, hot fudge, homemade whipped cream and a new twist on Greek yogurt!
We hosted our first BBQ this weekend and these peanut butter chocolate trifles were the perfect sweet ending! We shared some with our neighbors during the week and all we had to do is put the lid on the mason jar and it transported great!
My sweet boy discovered that the last trifle that he had carefully concealed in the back of the refrigerator was eaten and on the brink of tears he asked if I could make these again! I would say that this dessert was a success and will be made many times over in our home!
- 4-1/2 pint mason jars
- 4 graham crackers-crushed
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- 2-5.3 Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter-room temperature
- ½ cup hot fudge ice cream topping-not heated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- Line up the mason jars
- In a bowl add the heavy cream and granulated sugar. Using a mixer mix until it becomes thick whipped cream-set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the Greek yogurt and peanut butter. Set aside.
- Let's get ready to layer this sweetness!
- Using a Tablespoon layer the following and spread evenly after each layer:
- graham crackers
- chocolate chunks
- /2 Tablespoons of peanut butter Greek yogurt
- graham crackers
- hot fudge
- whipped cream
- peanut butter swirl
- chocolate curls
- In a microwave safe bowl melt some peanut butter on 25 seconds, stir. Place peanut butter in a ziploc bag, slide peanut butter to one corner, snip the corner and drizzle on top of the trifle!
- Take a chocolate bar and a vegetable peeler and run the peeler alongside the chocolate to create fun swirls to put on top!
- Refrigerate at least an hour before digging in!