I haven’t done to much baking lately with the nicer weather here and then we hit a couple of days of cold, rainy weather! Baking on a cold rainy day is the perfect, cozy thing to do! I am baking these mint cookie dough brownies for my sweet friends that I see every Thursday afternoon for our Mom’s life group! Nothing goes better than time with friends, coffee, and a brownie!
These mint cookie dough brownies are rich chocolate chunk brownies, with mint cookie dough, and a sweet ending of chocolate peppermint oil drizzle.
My little love pulled a chair up and did some stirring for the brownies while nibbling on the mint cookie dough! It’s a great moist cookie dough that is eggless and yummy to eat!
I am so excited to be able to use my Young Living Peppermint Oil to enhance the mint flavor of the brownie! The peppermint oil adds an even better mint flavor and is good for you too!
- 1 box -18.3 ounce brownie mix
- Ingredients to make the brownies
- 2 cups dark chocolate candy melts
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- peppermint oil
- Cookie Dough:
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter-softened
- 1⅓ cup flour
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- 20 mint cookies*
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Grease a 8x8 baking pan
- Chop 1 cup of dark chocolate candy melts.
- Mix together brownie ingredients and the 1 cup of chopped chocolate, spread evenly in baking pan and bake until done. I like fudgy brownies so I always bake them for about 25-28 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- While the brownies bake let's make the cookie dough.
- Using a mixer cream together the butter and sugars.
- Alternate between adding the flour and milk and mix well.
- Crush the mint cookies and stir into cookie dough.
- Spread cookie dough evenly on the brownie, pressing the cookie dough down gently and place in fridge.
- Time to create the yummy drizzle!
- In a microwave safe bowl melt together 1 cup of dark chocolate candy melts and 1 teaspoon oil. Heat in 25 seconds intervals, stirring after each time until chocolate has melted. Using peppermint oil add 1 or 2 drops to the melted chocolate and stir.
- Place chocolate in a ziploc bag, push chocolate to one corner, snip the corner and drizzle over brownies.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting and serving!
- *I used Girl Scout thin mints. Out of Girl Scout cookies? No worries, try Keebler Grasshoppers they work great!