Our kids are off this week for Spring break and that means lazy mornings roll our way! We love lingering over coffee, hot chocolate for the kids, lounging around reading books and talking in the early morning hours. We also love lingering over breakfast.
My hubby makes amazing pancakes and fancy french toast and today it’s my turn to make a sweet recipe that I plan to serve at Easter brunch!
I thought that I would give it a go on the family first just in case it was a flop! 🙂 Who better to eat the mess ups than those who love you most!
Turns out these mouth watering mini pecan sticky buns are amazing and worth savoring every sugary, nutty bite! This is one recipe that will be sticking around!
These mini pecan sticky buns are easy to make and can even be prepped beforehand. Soft dough, buttery cinnamon sugar, toasted pecans, and a sticky sweet sugar glaze make these mini pecan sticky buns worth going back for more!
Let’s head to the kitchen and bake up some of these mini pecan sticky buns that are great for a lazy breakfast, brunch, or a coffee break with friends!
Mini Pecan Sticky Buns
- 1 frozen bread dough-thawed
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter softened-divided
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- ½ pecans-lightly toasted-optio
- Preheat Oven to 325F
- On a floured surface roll out the bread dough to a rectangle. No worries , it doesn't have to be perfect!
- For the filling- stir together in a bowl ¼ cup softened butter, ¼ cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup light brown sugar, 2 Tablespoons cinnamon, and 1 Tablespoon of light corn syrup. It will make a thick paste.
- Spread this sweetness evenly on the dough.
- Now it's time to do the jelly roll-pick up the dough at one end and begin to roll until you reach the other side! Pinch the seam of the dough together.
- Cut into even pieces, for me I was able to cut 14 minis. Set Aside.
- In a small pot heat up the water, 4 Tablespoons butter, and ⅔ cup light brown sugar.
- In a small saute pan lightly toast the pecans, just a couple of minutes to bring out those oils for a great nutty flavor!
- In a 9 inch cake pan pour the glaze, sprinkle the pecans in.
- One by one add the buns.
- Brush buns with 1 Tablespoon melted butter, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Place in oven at 325F for 25-30 minutes.
- The buns should be golden brown. If the center is still not cooked place back into oven for a few more minutes until the center is gooey but cooked.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Get a serving platter and place on top of pan, and flip over. The fancy baking term is invert the pan.
- Quick- grab a fork and sink your teeth into this warm sweet mouthwatering morsel! 🙂