Even though the calendar says it’s Spring we still have snow on the ground! It’s still sweater wearing, blanket snuggling, stay in jammies all day kind of weather around here. These kind of days need sweet comfort food dishes!
On Saturday morning we linger over cups of coffee, hot chocolate and breakfast! We create dishes that make you linger longer and having you reaching for seconds.
It’s the perfect kick back, relax, and enjoy the weekend kind of sweet roll.
Soft, moist bread with cinnamon sugar and nutella swirled inside and covered in creamy cream cheese glaze makes these mini nutella cinnamon rolls a real sweet bite!
Mini Nutella Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 frozen bread dough-thawed
- ¼ cup butter-softened
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Nutella
- 2 Tablespoons butter-softened
- ¼ cup cream cheese-softened
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1⅓ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- On a floured surface roll out the bread dough in the shape of a rectangle, no worries if its not the exact shape.
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, sugars, corn syrup, cinnamon, and nutella.
- Spread the sweetness evenly onto the bread dough.
- It's time to do the jelly roll-take one side of the and roll until you get to the other side, pinch the seam together.
- Cut into even slices, I was able to cut 14 minis.
- Place in a greased 9 inch cake pan. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in oven at 325F for 25-30 minutes. If the center is still not cooked, place back in oven for a couple of minutes until rolls are gooey but cooked.
- While these sweet rolls are baking let's make the frosting!
- In a bowl combine the butter, cream cheese, milk, and powdered sugar and mix well using a mixer. It will become a thick glaze.
- Spread glaze evenly on nutella cinnamon rolls.
- For an extra dose of sweetness heat up some nutella, place in ziploc bag, snip the corner and drizzle over top glaze!
- Time to dig in!