These yummy ham and cheese calzones came from the amount of leftovers we are still eating from the holiday week. After three days of eating the leftovers, I needed to get creative with what was left! Creating soups, sauces, casseroles and more became a great way to eat all the rest of the food!
Ham, cheese, and a little hidden broccoli make this calzone a great on the go or even a lingering over lunch food!
These hand held ham and cheese calzones are perfect for dipping in some fresh mustard dip!
Refrigerated pizza dough, ham, shredded cheese, broccoli, some mayo and Dijon mustard and sauteed onion make this calzone a warm, yummy lunch! You can change it up by adding some pepper, chicken, and spinach to create another great calzone!
- ½ small onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup broccoli-finely chopped
- 1½ cups ham-chopped
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 packages refrigerated pizza dough Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons whole ground mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat Oven to 425F.
- In a pan on medium heat melt butter, and toss in chopped onion. Saute until tender.
- Stir in broccoli and ham and saute several minutes, remove from heat, & set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough, and cut into six squares.
- In a bowl place the mayo, Dijon mustard, ground pepper, shredded cheese, and ham mixture.
- Stir together.
- Down the center of each dough place some of the ham mixture, fold over, and seal together edges with a fork, brush with oil.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Repeat with all pieces of dough.
- Bake at 425F for 14-16 minutes.
- Yeilds 12 calzones! Enjoy 🙂