I have a slight obsession with the combination of chocolate and peanut butter and I am always looking for ways to make decadent chocolate peanut butter desserts.
We are headed to a friend’s house for dinner and I created these chocolate peanut butter brownies to bring along. These brownies taste like a rich, decadent chocolate peanut butter delight which is exactly what I was hoping for! They taste even better the next day, and are even more amazing frozen!
There is layers of amazingness here with a Reese’s peanut butter cup brownie bottom, a peanut butter cream cheese topped with crushed peanut butter oreos middle, and topped with a velvety chocolate ganache! The whipped cream is the sweet finishing touch to make this chocolate peanut butter brownie impossible to resist!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 box-18.3 ounce brownie mix and the ingredients to make fudge-like brownies
- 8 Reese's peanut butter cups-chopped
- 8 ounce cream cheese-softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 20 peanut butter oreos-crushed
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ⅔ cup whipping cream-divided
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts or baking squares-Any kind
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package and add in the chopped peanut butter cups. Bake until cooked.
- Cool for a few minutes.
- Mix together cream cheese, peanut butter, and confectioners sugar.
- Press peanut butter mixture down on the brownie.
- Press the crushed peanut butter oreos down on top of the peanut butter mixture.
- In a pot on low heat melt the corn syrup, ⅓ cup whipping cream, and chocolates.
- Stir until melted together, cool for five minutes, and then pour over top of the crushed cookies.
- Place in fridge until ganache is hardened.
- In a mixing bowl beat together ⅓ cup whipping cream and granulated sugar until it makes thick whipped cream.
- Pipe rosettes around the edge.
- Refrigerate at least two hours. Enjoy 🙂
- Have leftovers? Leave in fridge or freezer!