Nothing says comfort like a bowl or mug of something warm! As I look out the window at our snowy wonderland I am thankful for dishes like chilies, stews and soups.
This creamy white chicken chili is the perfect hearty meal to keep you warm! Chunks of chicken, three types of white beans, two cheeses, and green chilies for a little bit of a kick make this white chicken chili flavorful and oh so good to eat!
Do you have leftover turkey from your Thanksgiving dinner? Make this white chili and add some of that turkey in! This white chicken chili is great as leftovers too!
White Chicken Chili
- 4 garlic cloves- minced
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2-4.5 ounce cans of chopped green chilies
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 quarts-48 ounces chicken broth
- 1 lb
- 1 cup corn
- 3-15 ounces can white beans-I use cannellini, northern beans, and small white beans
8 ounceblock of cream cheese
- 1 cup Monterrey or taco cheese-shredded
- In a large pot or dutch oven heat oil, add
inonion and garlic and saute until cooked.
inthe 2 cans of green chilies and spices, allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
inthe broth, chicken, beansand corn. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and stir into chili, keep stirring until fully mixed in with the chili.
- Stir in the cup of shredded cheese.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy a warm bowl of this chili with some chips, or corn bread.
**Cook's Notes**For a milder chili leave out the cayenne pepper. For a spicier chili use fire roasted green chilies. For thicker chili use less chicken broth.