Our family loves all different types of Mexican food and we decided to take those great flavors and create Mexican stuffed peppers! These colorful peppers are stuffed with seasoned ground turkey, salsa, rice, corn, black beans and Mexican cheese! The pepper makes a nice edible bowl that holds in all the great flavor. We serve these Mexican stuffed peppers alongside warm tortillas that we use to roll some of the filling inside!
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 6 peppers, any color
- 1 cup long grain brown rice, cooked
- ½ cup black beans-drained if using canned
- ½ cup corn-fresh or frozen
- 1 cup salsa
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cloves of garlic-minced
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning-depending on your spice level
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro-chopped, optional
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Wash peppers, cut off the tops, clean out the seeds and place in a baking dish.
- In a pan place oil and garlic and saute.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, drain any liquid.
- Add the tomato sauce, salsa, taco seasoning, corn and black beans, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove and stir in the rice and ½ cup cheese.
- Fill each pepper evenly with the meat mixture.
- Top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake covered at 350F for 35 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove tinfoil the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Top with chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy 🙂
You May Also Enjoy: