These crunchy, sweet sugared covered almonds are a great snack! Grab a handful to eat right away or toss them in with a salad or your favorite granola or trail mix! We had a party last night and I put these ‘can’t just have one’ almonds in a serving bowl and they were gone in minutes!
If you love the sweet smell of roasted sugared nuts when you walk in the grocery store than you are in luck because your kitchen will be filled with that amazing smell in just minutes as these sugared almonds cook!
- 1½ cups raw whole almonds
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- a pinch salt
- Cover a cookie sheet with tinfoil or parchment paper
- In a skillet melt butter and add sugar and water
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and begins to become simple syrup
- Stir in almonds and continue to stir continuously
- Continue to stir until sugar has become brown and almonds are roasted
- The sugar with become gritty but keep coating the almonds.
- After about 15 minutes remove almonds from heat
- Spread almonds onto covered cookie sheet and allow to cool
- Sprinkle with salt
- Scoop up some almonds and enjoy 🙂