Spring is in the air..well sort of! The weather this weekend was the warmest it has been in what seems like a very long time. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and then I looked down and saw all the snow still left to melt.
I felt a little deflated but then as I looked closer I saw a little teeny tiny patch of grass and I got excited all over again! I am laughing as I write this..It really has been that long of a winter!
In the spirit of Spring my kids and I decided to make candy bird nests! It was a fun, creative, yummy way to spend some time together and talk about all the things we are are going to do when Spring does arrive and we can play outside!
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- candy to
topfor the eggs- you can use jelly beans, chocolate robin eggs, peanut butter eggs etc.
- In a microwave safe bowl place the chocolate candy melts
- Place in microwave and heat until melted; I usually do
25 secondincrements and stir after each time until candy is smooth and completely melted
- Allow to cool for about 1 minute
- Stir in chow mein noodles
- Using a Tablespoon scoop up a spoonful of the noodles and place them on a tinfoil or wax papered cookie sheet
- Shape into a circle, and take the back of the spoon and press gently in the center to make a place for the eggs to go
- Place 3 eggs in the center
- Put in fridge until chocolate has hardened